and classification purposes
The final development of software tools designed to improve software productivity and improve software quality.
Software tools are divided into six categories: simulation tools, development tools, testing and assessment tools, operation and maintenance of tools, performance quality tools and programming support tools.
From the point of view of software engineering, software tools to support all phases of the software life period.species
software tools range from the viewpoint of software process can generally be divided into: project management tools, configuration management tools, analysis and design tools, programming tools, testing tools and maintenance tools.
(1) Project management tools: Support Tools project management activities. Typically, these tools focus on specific aspects of management, such as effort, cost and schedule estimates and project scheduling plans.
(2) Configuration management tools: support complete configuration item identifier, version control, change control, status and statistical tools such as auditing tasks.
(3) analysis and design tools: assist in establishing model systems and software design tools. Analysis and design of a new generation of engines will be the analysis and design tool, which can be customized for any analysis and design methods, as needed, to support specific analysis and design methods.
(4) programming tools: include conventional coding tools - compilers, editors, debuggers, and a fourth generation language, the application generator, and object-oriented database query language (OO) programming environment.
(5) testing tools: a data acquisition tools can be divided, static analysis tool, dynamic analysis tools, simulation tools and test management tools. Wherein the static analysis tools for analysis of the source program by the program structure, control flow and data flow, call relationship with the draw call program functions (procedures), and the branch path, and variable definition references, etc., semantic errors found . Dynamic analysis tool by executing the program, check the statement, branch and path coverage, break test values of variables, namely the implementation of the popular program of detection. The other dynamic analysis tools called the acquisition / playback tool. Each major step test management tools to control and coordinate software testing, determining the difference between the regression tests, compare the results and the expected output, and embodiments of the batch test procedure.
(6) maintenance tools: Support Tools software maintenance. Reverse engineering tools can be divided into regeneration and engineering tools. Reverse engineering tools have been developed to analyze the source, the extraction system structure of the program, control structures, logic flow information, and other data structures and data streams, and generating an analysis model and design, and other design information. Reengineering tools used to support reconstruction of a more complete functionality and performance, improved software system.