(systems biological engineering, systems bio-engineering, biosystem engineering)
Systems biological engineering is the engineering application of systems biology, including systems based on biology Biotechnology and its engineering application development in medicine, agriculture, industry, environment, marine and even space. In 1991, China Zeng Bangzhe (Zeng Jie) published a monograph on "Scientific Structure and China's Future", expounding the future of solar-bio-electronic technology and the development of system science, artificial intelligence and genetic engineering. In 1994, he published "On System "Bioengineering category", proposed the integrated concept of bionics and genetic engineering such as genome blueprint design and biological machine assembly, biomolecular computer and cell bionic engineering. In 1999, Zeng Bangzhe used the expression "genomic intelligence" to artificially compile genome programs and design intracellular The conceptual diagram of the "artificial biosystem" of the molecular circuit system is to differentiate it from the "artificial life" to carry out the design and assembly of cellular and molecular machines in computer science, bionics, and genetically modified engineering.
Systems biology was created in Betalangfei’s open theory of biological systems or general system theory and theoretical biology in physics and biology. System science was originally systems engineering, a group of physics, System theory in the fields of chemistry, biology, psychology, system theory, information theory, cybernetics, synergy theory, dissipative structure theory, hypercycle theory, etc. The system of thought is from the fields of Gestalt psychology and physical biology. Formed, the earliest specialized subject vocabulary was systems psychology (systems psychology, Parry JB 1958), and then systems ecology, systems physiology and systems genetics constituted systems biology (systems biology vocabulary was studied in Zieglgansberger W and Tolle TR in 1993). Nervous system pain in the paper abstracts) and other three branches of disciplines, and applied to medicine and bioengineering to produce systems medicine and systems bioengineering disciplines.
Systems biotechnology can be briefly described as an integrated discipline of bionic engineering, genetic engineering and biological systems theory, involving systems science and information science , Computer science, nanoscience, biological science, medical science and engineering science and other disciplines are highly intersected and integrated. From the development of the nervous system of animals and communication behaviors and the intelligent robot engineering technology of brain science to the development of synthetic biotechnology of artificial design of cell signal transduction and gene expression regulation, it has formed two basic directions of modified biology and imitation biology, and will be used in solar energy. The development of bioengineering, secondary metabolism engineering, cell pharmaceutical factories and biocomputers creates the future of biomaterials, bioenergy and bioinformatization industries. The application of system science to bioengineering is similar to the rapid implementation of theoretical research to application development between system science and computer, automation and communication technology. It also leads to the transformation between basic research and engineering application brought about by system biotechnology (transformation science or transformation biology). The distance of learning) is shortened.
At the end of the 20th century, the success of the molecular biology and genome project, at the beginning of the 21st century, the disciplines of international systems biology, medicine, and bioengineering applied in cell signaling and gene The level of expression regulation has risen, and it has quickly become a global upsurge of modern technological development. In 2008, the Bangzhe System Bioengineering Research Institute was established in China. Subsequently, international and domestic systems bioengineering and molecular systems bioengineering research institutions were rapidly established and developed. The development of computational biology, nanobiology, chemical biology, synthetic biology, computer-aided design of mathematical models and artificial biological systems, artificial synthesis of genes and even genomes, large-scale high-throughput chips, especially microfluidic chips, and physical biology And nano-biotechnology, etc., have brought new prospects for the development of cellular nano-robots, bio-solar bionics and other technologies at the cellular and molecular levels in systems bioengineering.
Biotechnology has developed to biotechnology (biotechnology) and bioengineering (bioengineering). System bioengineering is based on biosystem theory and chemical engineering, electronic engineering, computer engineering and biotechnology, biomedicine and other disciplines. Based on a high degree of intersection, the integration of biomedical engineering and biosystems engineering at the system bioengineering level becomes the future development direction.
Research on biological systems that integrates systems science, bioinformatics, biomedicine, biotechnology and other methods-forms the concepts of modern systems biology and systems medicine; entity or Research on artificial biosystems that integrates biological engineering of organisms with virtual or computer-based bionic engineering technologies-forming the concepts of modern synthetic biology and systems bioengineering.
1) In October 1991, China Zeng Bangzhe (Zeng Jie) published a discussion on the structure of science and the future of China, expounding the integration of Chinese and Western cultures to form a two-dimensional scientific paradigm of experiments and systematic methods, systems science, artificial intelligence Solar bioelectronic technology integrated with genetic engineering, etc.:
· In 1992, the gene and nerve two-way regulation model was proposed to 1997 the research of cell signal transduction and gene regulation network;
· 1993 Published the structural theory of system science-pan-evolution theory, system structure, homeostasis and generative dynamics in 1994;
· Published in 1994 the system bioengineering of cell bionic engineering and artificially designed organisms, complex system gene interaction The role of system genetics concepts, gene systems, protein systems, enzyme systems, the relationship and corresponding structures, and transgenic system methods and oviduct bioreactors.
2) In 1996, China Zeng Bangzhe (the secretary-general) communicated with Avigenics and other companies at the First International Symposium on Genetically Modified Animals in Beijing, and discussed systems bioengineering and fallopian tube biological response in the conference and international communications. Qi et al.:
· From 1997 to 1998, using CHO cytochemical mutagenesis to screen the continuous mutations with high drug resistance are the viewpoints of nonlinear genetics;
· In 1999, he advocated and proposed molecular biology Research and development of biological systems and artificial biological systems (genetic machines, cell electronics or computers that integrate genetic modification and bionics) integrated with technology and biocomputing technology;
· 2001, Hiraki Kitano, Japan, Hu, USA The core viewpoints of systems biology discussed by Germany are the structure, steady-state and dynamics models of the system, the research of biological systems integrating biotechnology and biological computing methods;
· In 2002, nonlinear cell development dynamics, and Cell computer molecular system modules and organelle models;
· In 2002, Norway established the first international integrated genetics laboratory in 2003 to discuss genetics concept communication with Zeng Bangzhe in Germany;
· In 2008, Steven Benner published the structural theory of systems biology and synthetic biology in Nature.
3) From 2003 to 2010, China’s Zeng Bangzhe (Zeng Jie) participated in the International Congress of Genetics, the International Congress of Biotechnology, the World Philosophy Congress, the International Congress of Molecular Systems Biology, the International Conference of Systems Biology, and the International Nano Discussions on technical conferences and exhibitions, domestic and foreign journals and publications.