1) Realize the dynamic monitoring and management of running vehicles, and display the dynamic running status of vehicles in real time and accurately through the GIS platform, including: vehicle speed, mileage, arrival and departure time , Station name, section of operation, traffic jam, fire alarm, vehicle failure, speeding warning and speeding reminder, stop-by-stop warning and stop-by-stop reminder, fatigue driving reminder, automatic stop report, etc. It is mainly used for the intelligent management of public transportation, long-distance buses, and routing logistics vehicles.
2) Dynamic positioning, tracking and monitoring of running vehicles can be realized through the GIS platform, and centralized dispatch of running vehicles can be realized at public transport and long-distance hub stations.
3) Real-time and accurate control of the information displayed on the electronic stop sign can be achieved.
4) The smart terminal has the function of identifying the driver and passengers. The driver and passengers have an IC card (name, job number, road team number) that stores their own information. The driver must be on duty. Swiping the card in the smart terminal card reader, the smart terminal can determine the identity of the driver and occupant through the identification of the driver and occupant. Since the output control of the smart terminal directly controls the ignition circuit of the vehicle, the driver and occupant can only be confirmed after the true identity of the driver and occupant is confirmed. Start the vehicle. In the operation process, the smart terminal will automatically enter the names and ID numbers of the drivers and passengers on duty in various operating reports. In the management of long-distance passenger transportation and logistics vehicles, if the driver on duty drives the car for 4 hours (manually set), the on-board terminal will automatically prompt the driver to take a break.
5) The smart terminal can automatically collect and store the bus card swiping data, which can be directly transmitted to the computing center after processing. No special personnel are required to get on the car for data collection.
6) The intelligent terminal has GPS satellite positioning function, which enables the terminal to have both mileage positioning and satellite positioning functions to meet the needs of different users.
7) The intelligent vehicle-mounted terminal is equipped with an emergency event processing device, which can form a "road traffic safety early warning and rescue system" (applying for an invention patent soon). When the vehicle is overspeeding or fatigued driving, the on-board terminal will automatically send a safety warning message to the driver. In case of emergency events (traffic accidents, fire alarms, etc.), drivers or passengers can activate specific devices of smart terminals, and the vehicle-mounted terminal will automatically send distress messages to 122, 119, 120 and other centers. The center will display the line number, vehicle number, section of the accident, and time of the distress vehicle. It can rescue the accident vehicle in real time and accurately, and send out a voice call for help. In case of public security incidents, it can take snapshots in time and give voice warnings.
There are many companies engaged in the research and development of smart car terminals in China, and many companies have achieved good results. Among them, the PATEO project "PATEO Intelligent Vehicle Information Service Terminal" of Shanghai PATEO Yuezhen Electronic Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd. was recognized as the Shanghai High-tech Achievement Transformation Project in March 2011, with a level A.