World Cultural Heritage
Heritage Name : Evura Historic Center
Historic Center Ofévora
Selection time: 1986
Selection basis: Cultural Heritage (II) (IV)
Geographic Location: N3834 23 W07 54 28< P> Heritage number: 361
Evuula is located in the southeastern of Portugal, at the intersection of three rivers, 100 km from Lishben, the terrain is higher than around Plain zone. Evura is the religious and cultural center of Portugal, and is now the capital and important cities in Allenteho. Before the 11th century, it has been ruled by Romans, Civic people and Moorers. Today, the old town still has stored the architectural site of the ancient Roman Temple in the 4th century Diana Temple, forming the Historical Center of the Evara.
In 1986, according to the Cultural Heritage Selection Based on Cultural Heritage, the Evura Historical Center was approved by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee as cultural heritage in the World Heritage List. Reports to the Heritage: Report of the 10th Session of the World Heritage Committee.
World Heritage Committee Evaluation
The history of this "museum city" in the "Museum of Museum" can be traced back to the Roman Times, the king of the 15th century, Portugal's kings choose to live here, make Evora City has developed to its heyday. Evora City and a distinctive style lies in the city's decorated white houses and wrought iron balconies built in the 16th to 18th century. The monuments in the city have a profound impact on the Portuguese building in Brazil.
The history of this "museum city" in the Museum of Museum can be traced back to the Roman period, the King of Portugal, and the kings of Portugal choose to live here, make Evu La City has developed to its heyday. Evora City and a distinctive style lies in the city's decorated white houses and wrought iron balconies built in the 16th to 18th century. The monuments in the city have a profound impact on the Portuguese building in Brazil.
Google for different ethnic groups
Evuula History Center (4 photos)This city has already owned it before the Romans arrived. A certain degree of civilization. The development and prosperity of the bustling make Evura become the goal of different ethnic groups. I have been subjected to the history of Ewura in the 19th century, and I have been decided and I have been hit by history in the Alentejo area. However, it is precisely because of the forgotten, the historical ruins of Ewura have been well preserved. Evora is a historic city, founded in the Roman Empire, which was built in the Roman Empire of the 3rd Century, and the area was less than 1 square kilometer, which was long for the Roman army station. Evura is an important city in the Roman rule of Rome. At that time, the city was named "Rivi Lidas Ruleio" is the land event center in Lucownia Province. After the Empire of the Roman Empire, Evura has once been occupied by Civici and Moore, and the size of the city began to expand, the architectural style reflects the color of Gothic and Arabic. In 1165, Portugal's first King Tang Affie, the NRax, "Fearless Warrior" Garar Due, the Evura recaptor from Moorers, and then established Royal Avis Knights and built The city wall defends the city, although the surrounding areas are controlled by Moore, Evora City has never been captured. After the Moorer is expelled from the Iberian Peninsula in the 13th century, Evura became one of the players of Portuguese, and the king stayed here even more than Lisbon. In the Kingdom of the Avis, Demo (1385-1580), Evura became the second largest city after the country Jisen. In the 16th century, the construction of a strong building is a sign, and Evura reached the development of the golden age. When some offshore routes, the Madra Islands, the Azores and the Cape Verde Islands have been discovered, and the magnificent Portuguese Adventure Plan has begun. In the 17th century, Evura built the Wo Bang-style city defense system. With the foreign aggression, in the 18th century, since the 16th century insisted that the knowledge of the knowledge and the religious enlightenment of the Jesuits were disgraced, Eville opened to decline.
In the 16th century, the urban planning and design of the rules has been formed along the top of the mountain. In the city center of ancient irregular layout, some city squares extends to the starting point of the planned axis, consisting of buildings as a whole. Between these axes is a road network consisting of narrow streets. Most streets are linear, from a building group to another architecture in different directions. Three continuous urban defense systems (Roman time, medieval and Wo Bang) escorted the city. Between the brick walls and brick walls around the garden and the tilted roof, the low-cut white powder housing with a hilt roof forms a unified building, cast iron and tile make this feature more prominent. Many Mann Palace and Monastery (in some places) can be traced back to the 15th century. However, in the 16th century, we have been able to see large-scale architecture and urban planning such as the water canal built in 1537 and a large number of fountains. Evura is a model of Lisbon suffers from 1755 earthquakes. Single Sandala's city landscape allows us to understand the influence of Portuguese architectural style in Brazil in Brazil, Brazil, Brazil in Brazil in Brazil, 1985.
Save the "Museum City"
Evuilans have a "museum city", here is concentrated from ancient Rome to the Renaissance, from Sidig to Moore Different artistic styles and genre architectural works, although they have been full of vicissitudes, these cultural heritage remain well.
Di An Na Temple: Ancient Diana Temple is not only the oldest architecture of Evura, but also a unique ancient building in Portugal. This is a temple built in the first century of the AD. It has an ancient Roman architecture brilliant, atmospheric, elegant characteristics. The first fourteen granite pillars in the temple doors, powerful, simple, majesty, just like the Warriors who guards the temple, a few Tenciors defending the majesty and strength of the ancient temples since the century. Di Anna Temple symbolizes the history of Ewura, is an indispensable part of Ewura. Into the temple of Di Anna, standing on the high city wall overlooking the city, the foot is a whole city, the whole city of the rush, the horses and horses.
Roman temple: Evura is a historic city, started to the Roman Empire, AD 3 Century The area was less than 1 square kilometer, and the Roman army station was long long. Currently, there is still a historical monuments that can see the Roman temple, spa bath, Rome wall site, and Donna Ia Bell arch. The temple is built on the high platform with three-story stairs, although there is no window, but there is a color marble and a bronze or other decoration, gorgeous and glaring; the west column has widely used the arches and niches that can reduce the burden. A creative architectural structure is an unbeatable impact on the religious buildings in European countries in the Middle Ages. Its grand high space dome has always affected European Baroque, and even modern palace buildings.
Human Bone Church:
really make Evu It is a human bone church. The full name of Amula's Subcombeti is called San Francisco church, and it has been built in 1510 in the past and then three years. At that time, it was a prayer of the royal family, so the main entrance has a marble king emblem. This is a combination of gothic, Manuel and Baroque style, and the western hall of the church is what people usually say. This sixteenth-century building has taken a souvenir with Capeladosossos as a souvenir of death, and the church is made from the wall to the column from the wall. The faint lights hit on the wall, and the bones or skulls arranged neatly. The small church brings together five thousand people, effectively "handling" the problem of limited space of the cemetery. Since the cemetery at the time was insufficient, the monks put different churches and the human bones of the monastery as fitted. In addition to the utility purposes, the monks also also combines the role of beauty, combined with the structure of the human bone and the "design" church's indoor effect. The monks also use the joints between the skull pillars and the ceiling.