DLL's full name is Dynamic Link Library, Chinese name "Dynamic Link File". In the Windows operating system, DLL is very important for program execution because the program must be linked to the DLL file when executed can be run correctly. Some DLL files can be shared by many programs. Therefore, the programming staff can use the DLL file to make the program not too huge. But when the installed program is increasing, there will be more and more DLL files. If you delete the program, the DLL file that is not used is not deleted, and it will cause the system's burden. The DLL file and the exe file can also be generated by the compile language, but the DLL does not have a program to start the entry, so the DLL file is not executable.
DLL is a dynamic connection library. Some benefits using the dynamic connection library are:
1. Multiple applications shared code and data: such as all components of the Office software have similar appearances and functions, this is achieved by sharing dynamic connection libraries. .
2. The dynamic connection library must be used when the system message is filtered.
3. Dynamic connection library With a natural way to divide a large application into several small modules, which is conducive to the division of labor and cooperation between the members within the group. Moreover, each module can be upgraded separately. If one of the groups in the group developed a set of utility routines, he can put these routines in a dynamic connection library, allowing other members of the group.
4. In order to realize the internationalization of the application, a dynamic connection library is often required. The use of dynamic connection libraries can be stored in a country, language information. For different versions, use different dynamic connection libraries. When using AppWizard to generate an application, we can specify the language used by the resource file, which is implemented by providing different dynamic connection libraries.
5. Expanding the function of the R & D tool, because the DLL is independent of the language, therefore can create a DLL, which is called by the C ++, VB or all supported dynamic link libraries. This allows for a DLL created by accessing another language.
VC ++, C ++ Builder, Delphi can write a DLL file. Visual Basic 5.0 or above can also prepare a special DLL, namely ActiveX DLL.
1. How to understand which DLL files
in an application is right-click the app and select "Quick View" in the shortcut menu. Command, in the "Quick View" window of the "Quick View" window, you will see the situation of using the DLL file.
2. How do you know that the DLL file uses
running regedit, enter "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Microsrft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ SharedDlls" (path is not case sensitive) Key View, all DLL files and their related data are displayed in the right window, where the numbers in the parentheses on the right side of the data indicate several programs, (2) indicates that two programs are used, and (0) Nothing, you can delete it.
3. How to solve the loss of the DLL file
Sometimes you remind you to delete a DLL file when uninstalling a file, you may affect the operation of other applications. So when you uninstall the software, you may have misleave the shared DLL file. Once there is a loss of the DLL file, if you can determine its name, you can find the DLL file in the sysbckup (system backup directory), copy it to the System directory. If this is not, the "*** DLL file loss ..." prompt will always appear when the computer starts, you can run Msconfig in "Start / Run", go to the System Setup Practical Practition, click Select "System.ini" tab, find a prompt lost DLL file, so that it does not appear when it is turned on.
DLL is not a stand-alone program, which is a part of a program that can only be called by the program. Users cannot, do not need to open it.